Mission and objectives
ZSCh is a Christian Church which defines itself in paragraph 1 of its statutes as:
The Church of Steadfast Christians in the Republic of Poland, hereinafter referred to as the Church, is a congregation of voluntary believers who profess the faith principles of the New Testament.
The objective of ZSCh is to help its congregation to live a Christian life in their daily practical circumstances.
ZSCh has the following task, as set out in paragraph 6 of the Statutes:
The task of the Church consists of:
- To cultivate the Christian way of life among its members, families and sympathizers.
- Teaching from the Holy Scriptures and spreading knowledge about them
- Christian education of children and youth.
For this purpose the Church organizes public church services with spreading the word of God.
Method of realisation of objectives
Arranging the following on a weekly basis:
- Sunday Church services for all ages
- Sunday school for Children
- Specific youth services
Arranging the following on a monthly or less regular basis:
- Christian conferences with multiple services over a weekend and various Churches invited
- International conferences with Christians from various countries gathering.
Source and use of funds
ZSCh raises funds by receiving gifts from its congregation, or occasionally their companies and from the fundraising company OMTI which ZSCh owns 100% of.
Funds are applied to the running costs of the ZSCh, including:
- Maintenance and utility costs
- Repairs to church buildings
- Costs relating to preparatory work (eg architect fees) in relation to a planned new Church building in Ustron
- Giving to missionary work abroad
- Costs of church activities, eg Sunday school expenses and costs of conferences
Financial governance of assets
ZSCh’s has an equity to be able to finance the afore mentioned activities in the near future, and because it holds several assets (like property/church buildings) to perform its objective. The board is responsible for the maintenance and governance of these assets.
Remuneration of the Council of Elders, who are also referred to as the ‘board’
The Council of Elders are not remunerated.
Budget 2021 at a glance
|Revenues 2021||Amounts [k PLN]|
|Donation from the HMC foundation||3 600|
|Membership donations||1 000|
|Gifts/dividends from own company||2 000|
|Expenses 2021||Amounts [kPLN]|
|Construction of a new facility||4 000|
|Maintenance and the local Church running costs||300|
|Church activities – statutory purposes||450|
|Donations towards Christian missionary work 1||1 000|
- ZSCH hope that OMTI will perform better in the coming years, allows ZSCH to contribute financially to support wider Christian activities. Of course, if the actual amounts received are less, or the gifts from members are less this will not be possible.